Bravenet Guestmap

Show me where you came from !
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Ozarks Suck

How many ice storms is this now ?
I've lost count.
Stupid Global Warming.
I guess it didn't get the memo that Global Warming is supposed to WARM.
Anyways...
If it's not freaking ice storms it's tornadoes.
The wind. It never stops blowing.
It's a novelty when we get a breeze here.
Enough with the freaking wind already !
I can't wait to get the F out of here.
Why anyone would want to live here escapes me.
I can't wait to leave, but I have to wait, the money's not there yet.
Damn I hate this place.
I thought Indy sucked.
Days like this just strengthens my resolve.
Hawaii.
Another 203 days.
I'm so close to it, yet so far from it.
The Ozarks Suck.
At least this isn't Tulsa or Peoria or Wheeling West Virginia... it's got that going for it at least...

1 comment:

S L Cunningham said...

Noah,

One of the reasons I moved from Maine to Houston was because of the long, cold winters. Not that there were times it could be nice, like going out snowshoeing, or finding a coffee shop for a light night cup of black coffee with a slice of pumpkin pie. But I suppose if I want that I can always spent a day in Colorado during the winter.

But months of enduring cold mornings of trying to start the car, or get the car unstuck from the snowbank, or falling on your butt one too many times are things I don't miss.

And from what my family in Maine tells me, I certainly didn't miss one hell of a winter. At one point the snow level in my mother's back yard was almost 5 feet. Her driveway was bordered with story high snowbanks. See joked, "If anybody needs some global warming, I got plenty of it at my house."

Anyway, good to see your blog rocks as ever. I'm getting back into a comfortable routine, and plan popping by more often.

Scot