Bravenet Guestmap

Show me where you came from !
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Millionaire

I asked a guy how he became a millionaire.

The old millionaire fingered his Rolex watch and said, "Well, son, it was 1932: the depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel. I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold it for ten cents.

"The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them later for 20 cents. I continued this system for several years and soon I had a thriving apple business."

"And that's how you got rich?" I asked. "In your own apple business?"

"Oh, heavens, no!" the old man replied. "I lost my shirt in the apple business, but a few years later my wife's father died and left us ten million dollars..."

Hat Tip: Better Trade Opportunity

No comments: