Bravenet Guestmap

Show me where you came from !
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's The Rich White Man's Fault. Again.

Wilma Skinner would like to scream at the officials of this city. If only they would pick up their phones.

"I done called for a shelter, I done called for help. There ain't none. No one answers," she said, standing in blistering heat outside a check-cashing store that had just run out of its main commodity. "Everyone just says, 'Get out, get out.' I've got no way of getting out. And now I've got no money."
I guess they done left. Like you should have by Tuesday at the latest.

"All the banks are closed and I just got off work," said Thomas Visor, holding his sweaty paycheck as he, too, tried to get inside the store, where more than 100 people, all of them black or Hispanic, fretted in line. "This is crazy. How are you supposed to evacuate a hurricane if you don't have money? Answer me that?"


What the hell were you doing at work the day before the hurricane strikes ?
Did you not hear the orders to get out ? Did you not hear about the nearly empty busses ?
Is it everyone else's fault that you didn't think ahead ?

"This is the worst planning I've ever seen," she said. "They say, 'We've learned a lot from Hurricane Katrina.' Well, you couldn't prove it by me."

I guess, (even though you live there), that you are ignorant of the fact that Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States. Look at the map idiot. There simply aren't enough roads. I guess (like some of the people that have left comments on my Blog lately), that you think the government was supposed to set up teleporters for you. Damn the government for not having Star Trek tech !

On Bellaire Boulevard in southwest Houston, a weeping woman and her young daughter stood on the sidewalk, surrounded by plastic bags full of clothes and blankets. "I'd like to go, but nobody come get me," the woman said in broken English. When asked her name, she looked frightened. "No se, no se," she said: Spanish for "I don't know."

Her daughter, who appeared to be about 9, whispered in English, "We're from Mexico."


I'm guessing you're here illegally and I guess you should have stayed in Mexico.

For the poor and the disenfranchised, the mighty evacuation orders that preceded Rita were something they could only ignore.

What's with the media and this "disenfranchised" crap ?
Disenfranchised from what ?

"We got no other choice but to stay here. We're homeless and we're broke," he said. "I thought about going to Dallas, but now it's too late. I got no way to get there."

Where will he stay?

"A nice white man gave me a motel room for three days. Just walked up and said, 'Here.' So my buddy and me will stick it out," he said, pointing to another homeless man. "We got a half-gallon of whiskey and a room."

Oh My God.
"A nice white man" ?
This can't be !
The Race Pimps can't allow this !
At least he's got a half-gallon of whiskey and a room. What more preparation does one need ?

An emergency official eventually sent a van to take the couple to a shelter at a recreation center.
So... despite the hysteria this "reporter" (DEBORAH HASTINGS) wanted to invoke... They were not abandoned. Huh. Makes you wonder what DEBORAH HASTINGS agenda was.

Mandatory evacuation orders were issued Wednesday for the area.

It's now Friday.

If I didn't have a car, I would have started walking Wednesday. No, make that Monday.

I wonder. Did DEBORAH HASTINGS inform these idiots that the Mayor had nearly empty busses waiting for them or did she just let them sit there whining and waiting to die ?
This can't be the fault of people that didn't prepare.
This has got to be Bush's fault.

Sept. 21, 2005, 5:50PM
Parts of Houston join evacuation


In addition to the evacuation orders, Houston's mayor asked companies to let non-essential employees skip work Thursday and Friday and suggested schools cancel classes so that families have time to leave.


Huh. I wonder why Thomas Visor was still at work Friday ? Did he not see the weather report ?

Although Galveston police don't plan to drag reluctant residents off the island, city officials reassured residents no one who wants to leave would be left behind. Sharon Strain, head of the Galveston Housing Authority, said anyone who can't make it to the buses would be picked up.

"We've got more bus space than people and I'm not going to send them off empty,'' said City Manager Steve LeBlanc. "We are going to hold empty buses until the bitter end."

So Again I wonder... what was DEBORAH HASTINGS agenda ? To save lives ? To report the truth ? I think she's hoping poor people will get killed to further her career.

If it seems like I'm insensitive to these people, you're right. They had ample warning just like the people in New Orleans and they chose to do nothing. I don't know about you but I'm sick of people blaming others for their own lack of responsibility. How is it Bush's fault, FEMA's fault, My fault or Your fault when people that were given warning days in advance do nothing ?

Oh right.

Global Warming causes hurricanes.

Bush didn't sign Kyoto (even though Clinton didn't and because the President can't sign any treaty without Congressional approval).

And Haliburton ! Why they must be in on this too !

Bahhhhhhhh !

No comments: