Bravenet Guestmap

Show me where you came from !
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Sitemeter Caught Installing Tracking Cookies

It’s so sad for me to hear that SiteMeter, a well-known web stats providers, is pushing specificclick tracking and advertising cookies on to visitors of sites using their service.



I've removed SiteMeter from my site.

I suggest you do the same.

Hat Tip: little green footballs


Follow Up: 05/14/2007 18:25

I've installed StatCounter to replace SiteMeter.

3 comments:

Bonez said...

Yes, I loved SiteMeter and it served Bad Monkey No Banana and Bonez very well for years... until I found out the dirty little secret. I had notice slow down in page loads first and then stumbled upon the information you relate here. I agree, remove it as quickly as you can. I suggest moving to StatCounter (http://www.statcounter.com/).

Noah Bawdy™ said...

I think I will start using StatCounter. They're the ones that kinda broke the story after all. I don't think I've ever been to your Bonez site. I'll check it out ! Thanks for the comment Tony !

Bonez said...

yeah, been missing you and checking on you from time to time. Didn't want to bug you into visiting Bonez :( Take care!