Bravenet Guestmap

Show me where you came from !
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Plumbers

My landlady called me Tuesday night and told me that I needed to let some plumbers into the flat. It seems that while they were working on the flat below mine they noticed some water dripping from above and wanted to inspect my master bath. Fine no problem I'll take the morning off. They didn't show up until around 2:30 PM.

The guy (Mike) pointed out that none of the fixtures were sealed and also noted that the flat below was dry that day (because I didn't use the shower that morning). He said he'd be back with his boss first thing in the morning the next day with a camera snake to make sure there wasn't anything else wrong. 8:00 AM. Three times he assured me they would be here at 8:00 AM. What the heck, I already took an entire day off, what's a few minutes in the morning ?

I waited until 10:30 AM Thursday. I looked out the door every 5 to 10 minutes. No van. No activity in the flat below. Nothing. No calls. No knocks on the door. I had the front jalousies wide open so I could hear everything. Nothing. So I left a note on my door and went to work.

Mind you I've already missed a day and a half of work.
Not that I like my job, but I need to pay my bills plus buy beer for me and catnip for my cat.

When I talked to my Landlady Thursday night she told me that they said they had knocked on my door all morning. I explained that was a flat out lie. She suggested that I leave one of my keys in the lock box so they could get in without me having to take any more time off.

OK. You know, bad enough they waste my time and stand me up. Hawaiian-Time only goes so far. But now I know they're liars. Why the heck would I trust them in my flat unsupervised. No. They can come in here on my schedule now and not theirs.

You know my Ace ? They can't complete their work on the flat below until they inspect my flat. They have the incentive to work with me, not the other way around.
:-P

No comments: